Built in the 1890s as a private residence, it was first occupied by the Postmaster of New Brampton and served as a Post Office. Later it was a doctor’s surgery.
Just before the First World War it was sold to Chesterfield Corporation and used as a Police Station until about 1930. It was demolished in 1971. The building next to it was the Fire Station. On the early Ordnance Survey maps the site is shown as a Pinfold.
With thanks to Linda Jean Stevens