The Alma Pottery was in Rodney Yard, between Bank Street and Alma Street, and was started in the 1850s by Samuel Lowe, James Knowle and a Mr Blake, who had other pottery interests. Blake and Knowles [sic] left by 1863. Lowe continued and had taken his two sons into partnership by 1900, when they took over the adjacent Brunswick Pottery. All the usual stone and brown wares were made. An advertisement in 1901 included fancy embossed wares, water filters, jars, mugs, jugs, teapots, coffee pots and all types of open and lidded goods. No mark is known. The pottery closed down in the 1914-1918 war.